Silicon Valley's ultimate status symbol is the sneaker - here are the rare, expensive and goofy sneakers worn by the top tech CEOs
It's a land where jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies reign supreme, and where sneakers are the footwear of choice.
But don't let the pedestrian fashion item fool you. These sneakers can be as rare and as status-defining as the fine watches adorning the wrists of Wall Street bankers or the designer handbags clutched by elite art dealers.
Indeed, for many of the Valley's technorati, the right pair of kicks is a trademark accessory carefully selected to convey a mix of power and nonchalance; creativity and exclusivity.
With help from the team at sneaker marketplace Flight Club, Business Insider has compiled some of the most fashionable, expensive, or downright wild sneakers worn by tech founders and CEOs. The Flight Club team helped confirm the brands and styles, and provided their expert commentary and analysis.
We did our best to find photos of female tech executives wearing sneakers, but our search didn't yield any results. Women like Sheryl Sandberg and Marissa Mayer wore low heels, flats, or loafers, which says something about how much freedom women have to dress down in the corporate world.
If you dream of becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg, lacing up a pair of these sneakers probably won't get you very far. But at least you'll look the part. Check it out:
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip