OLA to invest 100 crore into training one lakh drivers
In a statement, the company explains that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to that effect.
Manish Kumar, MD and CEO, NSDC said, “We are extremely happy to work alongside Ola, driving this campaign that has the potential to significantly improve livelihoods and contribute to the economic growth of lakhs of Indians. Such initiatives will go a long way in promoting skill development and creating an environment of entrepreneurship for the people of the country.”
Ola claims to see “phenomenal growth” in the mobility sector and seeks to “empower” people from all walks of life. The money will be invested in the training of drivers and the requisite skills. The MoU was signed by Ola co-founder and CEO Bhavish Agarwal and Kumar, in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Minister of State Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy and dignitaries.
Reportedly, NSDC and Ola will
“The mobility sector in the country is witnessing phenomenal growth and has the potential to
Popular on BI
- Top 10 places to visit in Odisha
- Sensex, Nifty close higher in volatile trade; RIL gains after mega-merger deal
- Ad spending in India to reach $17 bn in FY24, consumption to rebound: Redseer
- Sebi bans 12 entities from securities mkt for manipulative trades in V Marc India
- Harnessing the natural power of dry fruits to enhance memory