Some Japanese Apple Store Customers Are Getting Thousands Of Dollars Worth Of Products Today For Just $345
Mac Rumors reports this year's bags, which sell for 36,000 yen ($345), come in four different configurations.
Certain items appear in every bag, like a T-shirt, an Incase City Collection Compact Backpack, and a Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Mini.
Then the fun begins.
"One configuration of the bag offering a 11-inch MacBook Air with a Power Support Air Jacket, an Apple Magic Mouse, and a Beats by Dre Pill Bluetooth speaker," Mac Rumors reports. Another bag offers an iPad Air with Smart Cover, Nike+ FuelBand SE, Phillips Hue Starter Kit, and Square Reader. That's a tremendous savings if you're only paying about $345. The MacBook Air itself is worth at least $999.
Other products to be found inside the bags include iPad Minis, iPod Nanos, and headphones.
Shoppers purchase the bag before they know what's inside, and the bags are all sold as-is with no option to return unless a device is found to be faulty.
The Lucky Bag promotion is only available in-store in Japan. Apple does this every year in Japan on January 2.
Here are some photos of the haul inside some of the Lucky Bags:
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala