Someone Paid $1.2 Million For A Gorgeous Old Toyota
The 2000GT has been called "Toyota's E-Type" — a reference to the gorgeous Jaguar sports car from the 1960s — and "the best car you've never heard of."
The record-breaking car is one of only 351 examples ever built, and has been fully restored to its original condition, according to RM Auctions, which sold the car on April 27 as part of the Don Davis collection.
The 1967 beauty has a 2,000 cc six-cylinder engine that produces 150 brake horsepower, good for a top speed over 135 mph. It has only only 62,000 miles on the odometer.
At the same auction, a 1967 Ferrari 300 GTS sold for $1.9 million, and a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing went for $1.2 million.
Here's more of the now famous 2000GT:
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others