SpiceJet appoints G P Gupta as Accountable Manager
Following the exit of chief operating officer Sanjiv Kapoor, budget carrier
Kapoor prior to his departure from the Gurgaon-based carrier, was discharging the functions and duties of the Accountable Manager as mandated by the aviation regulator DGCA.
The Gurgaon-based carrier in a communication to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation on Friday informed about Gupta's nomination to the position, sources said.
DGCA mandates Accountable Manager to execute decisions/plans of the organisation and can be nominated from among the Chief Executive, President, Managing Director, Vice President or Deputy Managing Director.
Besides, any other person who has the necessary executive and financial authority to ensure compliance of the requirements of the organization seeking approval can also be nominated as Accountable Manager, as per the DGCA airworthiness advisory circular.
The airline, which is now under the ownership of original co-founder
Besides, the airline also does not have a chief commercial officer since the departure of Kaneswaran Avili in April this year.
"The airline has yet to fill these positions," sources said.
Kapoor, who quit the low-cost carrier to join Tata-SIA joint venture full service carrier Vistara last Thursday, was the third top official flying out of SpiceJet after original promoter Ajay Singh took over the reins of the budget airline.
AdvertisementImage credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Best ad-free games for iPhones
- Jeep Meridian SUV launched in India – price, features and everything you need to know
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s road rage case — looking back at the 34 year old timeline
- TCS, Wipro & Infosys saw a massive selloff after Walmart & Target’s revenues fell — explaining the domino effect
- Flipkart claims to be the second biggest ‘buy now, pay later’ player ahead of Paytm, Amazon
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction