SpiceJet appoints G P Gupta as Accountable Manager
Following the exit of chief operating officer Sanjiv Kapoor, budget carrier
Kapoor prior to his departure from the Gurgaon-based carrier, was discharging the functions and duties of the Accountable Manager as mandated by the aviation regulator DGCA.
The Gurgaon-based carrier in a communication to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation on Friday informed about Gupta's nomination to the position, sources said.
DGCA mandates Accountable Manager to execute decisions/plans of the organisation and can be nominated from among the Chief Executive, President, Managing Director, Vice President or Deputy Managing Director.
Besides, any other person who has the necessary executive and financial authority to ensure compliance of the requirements of the organization seeking approval can also be nominated as Accountable Manager, as per the DGCA airworthiness advisory circular.
The airline, which is now under the ownership of original co-founder
Besides, the airline also does not have a chief commercial officer since the departure of Kaneswaran Avili in April this year.
"The airline has yet to fill these positions," sources said.
Kapoor, who quit the low-cost carrier to join Tata-SIA joint venture full service carrier Vistara last Thursday, was the third top official flying out of SpiceJet after original promoter Ajay Singh took over the reins of the budget airline.
AdvertisementImage credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments