A French soccer player attacked by masked men who dragged her from a car shared a graphic image of her injuries
- PSG's Kheira Hamraoui was dragged from teammate Aminata Diallo's car and beaten with iron bars.
- The image shows a huge purple bruise and two deep cuts on the back of Hamraoui's right leg.
A soccer player who was beaten up by masked men initially suspected to have been sent by her own teammate has released an image of her injuries from the attack.
Paris Saint-Germain Féminine's Kheira Hamraoui was dragged from a car and beaten with iron bars after a team dinner.
According to a L'Equipe report, Hamraoui was given a lift home by her teammate Aminata Diallo at about 10:30 p.m. after a team dinner on November 4, when two men in balaclavas approached the car.
Hamraoui was dragged from the car by one of the men, who then attacked her with an iron bar, striking her several times on the legs, L'Equipe reported.
Diallo was arrested on suspicion of orchestrating the attack but has since been released. She has not been charged with any crime.
L'Equipe has now published images of the injury, which show deep purple bruises and two cuts on the back of Hamraoui's right knee.
—El Chiringuito TV (@elchiringuitotv) November 17, 2021
The French newspaper also reported that Hamraoui said her legs were targeted by the men.
"My attacker hit me with an iron bar several times. I saw that he was mainly targeting my legs, and I was trying to protect myself with my hands," Hamraoui told police.
"At that time, I didn't see a weapon. They immediately start yelling: 'Open the door! Open the door!' The one on my side grabbed me and pulled me out of the vehicle.
"Before, he grabbed a rectangular iron bar that he had hidden in his pants or under his sweater.
"He gave me a first blow from the first moments of the assault to force me out of the cabin. I fell on the road and then on the right side of the road.
"The scene lasted several minutes. It seemed long to me. Aminata told me it was faster."
Hamraoui was taken to the hospital after the attack and has missed both of PSG's games since she was injured.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route