An MMA event descended into chaos when a fighter left the cage after his win and almost incited a riot
- A TuffNUff event descended into chaos Sunday in Las Vegas.
- Daniel Compton defeated Maki Pitolo in the third round and then sharply exited the gate of the cage.
Daniel Compton defeated Maki Pitolo in the main event of a TuffNUff event before all hell broke loose Sunday at the Circa Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
TuffNUff is a predominantly amateur association, but the second of its back-to-back weekend shows featured six professional bouts, with Compton and Pitolo vying for the organization's middleweight title.
Compton made Pitolo tap with a submission midway through the third round of the title bout, celebrated nonchalantly around the periphery of the cage, but suddenly exited the gate and confronted various people ringside.
TuffNUff commentators appeared perplexed at the time, with MMA reporter and presenter John Morgan asking: "What's going on? Why's he trying to get out of the cage? Is he trying to attack somebody?"
Morgan then said the "Maki Pitolo crew is not happy."
'It is now time to exit the building'
Video appears to show a disturbance in the crowd with various people getting into physical altercations before security and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police officers restored calm by separating everybody.
"We've got a little bit of a scene here, folks," Morgan adds, before his co-commentator said he was getting out of there.
Over a tannoy, an announcer could then be heard telling the crowd: "Attention all attendees: It is now time to exit the building."
And with that, TuffNUff 130 was over.
Watch the incident right here:
—Alex Behunin (@AlexBehunin) November 21, 2022
MMA journalist Alex Behunin, who was the first to report the incident, said Compton's win was "beautiful" but that it "will be forgotten due to his unprofessionalism."
Insider contacted TuffNUff regarding the details in this story but did not receive an immediate reply.
Compton had a pro MMA record of seven wins against two defeats heading into the Pitolo fight.
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Miniratna IREDA stock zooms on debut with 40% listing gains
- COP28 set to kick off from Nov 30 — UAE hopeful for deal on renewable energy tripling, doubling energy efficiency
- Family Man Manoj Bajpayee bats for movie heroes who like ‘the common man’
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more