An MMA fighter's eye popped out of his socket when he got hit and then blew his nose
- MMA fighter Mark Martin suffered one of the nastiest injuries of the year so far.
- The American was hit, and then blew his nose, blowing his eye out of the socket.
Mark Martin was competing against Dilano Taylor in a welterweight fight during the four-bout PFL Challenger Series 2 card, designed to funnel promising talent into the full PFL season that begins April 20.
The 28-year-old American's bout was waved off after the first round after the referee consulted a doctor because of an eye injury.
It was quickly apparent Martin's left eye was protruding from his skull, and seemed to be in a near-detached state.
See a photo and video from the incident right here:
—PFL (@PFLMMA) February 26, 2022
AJ Ariosa, a manager at First Round Management, represents Martin and told MMA Junkie that it all happened because the pressure from blowing his nose caused his eye to blow out.
"It's looking like he's going to be good to go," Ariosa said. "No surgery."
Martin was advised not to fly home from Florida because "air pressure in the plane could move the fracture," which could cause the fighter greater discomfort.
They instead began a 2,200 mile cross-country drive to Arizona.
Elsewhere on the card, Chris Mixan beat Nathan Pierce in the second round with punches, Carlos Leal Miranda finished Korey Kuppe in the opening round, and Jarrah Al-Silawi defeated Michael Lilly with a knee.
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams