An MMA fighter's eye popped out of his socket when he got hit and then blew his nose
- MMA fighter Mark Martin suffered one of the nastiest injuries of the year so far.
- The American was hit, and then blew his nose, blowing his eye out of the socket.
An MMA fighter's eye popped out of his socket when he got hit and then blew his nose during a recent Professional Fighters League match Friday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
Mark Martin was competing against Dilano Taylor in a welterweight fight during the four-bout PFL Challenger Series 2 card, designed to funnel promising talent into the full PFL season that begins April 20.
The 28-year-old American's bout was waved off after the first round after the referee consulted a doctor because of an eye injury.
It was quickly apparent Martin's left eye was protruding from his skull, and seemed to be in a near-detached state.
See a photo and video from the incident right here:
—PFL (@PFLMMA) February 26, 2022
AJ Ariosa, a manager at First Round Management, represents Martin and told MMA Junkie that it all happened because the pressure from blowing his nose caused his eye to blow out.
"It's looking like he's going to be good to go," Ariosa said. "No surgery."
Martin was advised not to fly home from Florida because "air pressure in the plane could move the fracture," which could cause the fighter greater discomfort.
They instead began a 2,200 mile cross-country drive to Arizona.
Elsewhere on the card, Chris Mixan beat Nathan Pierce in the second round with punches, Carlos Leal Miranda finished Korey Kuppe in the opening round, and Jarrah Al-Silawi defeated Michael Lilly with a knee.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings
- Realme 11 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – the under ₹30,000 phone to buy
- How Tata Communications plans to chart its financial turnaround
- Railway jobs: 12,000 recruited under 'Rozgar Mela' initiative
- List of famous things to buy in Goa