An unnamed Premier League soccer player was reportedly arrested on suspicion of child sex offences
- A Premier League footballer has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences, multiple reports say.
- He was arrested on Friday, July 16, according to the Sun newspaper.
- The Sun reports that police raided his home earlier this month where "several items were seized."
The player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested by Greater Manchester Police last week and released on bail pending further enquiries.
The Sun reports that police also raided his home earlier this month where "several items were seized."
In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said, per The Telegraph: "Officers arrested a man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences.
"He is on police bail pending further inquiries."
The player has not been charged with any crime.
Everton, a club based in the Merseyside area, close to Manchester, said in a statement on Tuesday that it has suspended a player "pending a police investigation."
"Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time," Everton said in a statement.
It is not known if the two incidents are linked, though the Sun reports that the player is employed by Everton.
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Marico Q3 net profit falls 5% to ₹333 cr, revenue up 2.6% to ₹2,470 cr
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list