Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- Adopting the same methodology used by the England Cricket Board recently,
IPL playerswill be living within bio-secure bubbles.
- A bio-secure bubble simply refers to an environment that is being created by completely cutting off the outside world.
- Strict action will be taken against those who do break the rules as it will risk the safety of all.
But with the pandemic in mind, safety has become the topmost priority for all. And adopting the same methodology used by the England Cricket Board recently, IPL players will be living within bio-secure bubbles.
AdvertisementAnd before you imagine a huge futuristic bubble inside which the players will be staying - well, no. That is not what it is.
What is a bio-secure bubble?
A bio-secure bubble simply refers to an environment that is being created by completely cutting off the outside world. So, for the IPL players and crew, travel will be very strictly limited to only the cricketing venue, the hotel they are staying in, and a few other places. No visitors from outside the bio-secure environment will be allowed to enter and even cricketers won’t be allowed to leave the space.
It also means that strict action will be taken against those who do break the rules, as it puts everyone's safety at risk. England bowler Jofra Archer, who will be playing with Rajasthan Royals, had to stay away from a match during the recent England vs West Indies test series for having breached the bio-secure bubble. He had to be immediately quarantined.
The pandemic impact: Living in a bio-secure bubble
Several cricketers have also said that life within a bio bubble isn’t that easy.
Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
Popular on BI
- SBI’s former chairperson Rajnish Kumar joins OYO’s board ahead of IPO
- Two Omicron cases reported in India and both are from Karnataka
- Crypto romance — Love in the times of blockchain
- Bounce Infinity electric scooter launched — Here are the details on price, range, subsidies and more
- Best tablet stand in India