Comedian Pete Davidson roasted Jake Paul and Ben Askren in a hilarious prefight monologue
- American comedian
Pete Davidsonroasted both Ben Askrenand Jake Paulin a prefight monologue.
- He then lampooned Paul even further in Askren's locker room, saying he's "a piece of s---."
- The YouTube creator ultimately won the fight.
The comedian Pete Davidson roasted Jake Paul and Ben Askren in a hilarious prefight monologue Saturday at the Triller Fight Club event in Atlanta.
"You can tell how professional this event is by, um, them having me here," Davidson said at the beginning of the broadcast.
The celebrity-filled show featured more music than fights, with Justin Bieber, The Black Keys, and Saweetie performing various hits throughout the night.
The card was topped with a boxing-rules contest between the YouTuber Paul and the former
Neither competitor escaped Davidson's wrath before the fight though.
"We are backstage at Jake Paul's dressing room, or locker room, if you want to call it that," he said. "And today's a really wild day for
"Today proves a fact, that if you have enough followers you can do whatever you f---ing want. Maybe PewDiePie will cure cancer. And Charli D'Amelio will become a surgeon. Who knows?
"Tonight, we have a bout between Ben Askren, who, I don't know who that is, still, and I've been reading up on him all week, and Jake Paul, and, you know, they both suck, but at least somebody's going to get hurt.
"Now back to you guys in the booth. Some real announcers over there."
Davidson lampooned Paul further in Askren's locker room
During another segment featuring Davidson, the comedian visited Askren in his locker room and they both bodied Paul.
"He's not a good person [and] he's clearly not a good influence on any of the youth culture," Davidson said.
Askren added: "That's true."
Continuing, Davidson said: "He has this whole following, so he thinks he can do whatever he wants, and didn't he get busted by the feds with AKs and a bunch of machine guns? Like, why isn't he in jail?"
"He's violated the law many times," Askren said, adding: "Paul is a decent fighter, but he's still a s--- bag of a human being."
Finishing, Davidson remarked: "Exactly. That's the message we're trying to get to the kids. He is a piece of s---."
Paul enhanced his notoriety with a first-round knockout win
Unfortunately for both Askren and Davidson, Paul will have only enhanced his following and notoriety with a first-round knockout win over the former Bellator MMA and One Championship champion.
A textbook one-two punch combination - a jab and straight right hand - floored Askren before the two-minute mark, and though Askren got to his feet, the referee deemed him in an unfit position to continue.
With the victory, Paul advanced his pro boxing record to 3-0-0, with three knockouts.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report