Dana White says Adam Sandler is joining forces with him for a UFC-themed comedy
- Dana White said this week he'll work with Adam Sandler for a UFC-themed comedy.
- White is also working on a Roku documentary depicting life behind-the-scenes at UFC HQ.
UFC boss Dana White recently said Hollywood actor and movie producer Adam Sandler will join forces with him to create an MMA-themed comedy.
The UFC has put its weight behind certain productions before. Halle Berry was seen at UFC HQ in Las Vegas during and after filming the 2020 movie "Bruised" — a drama about a UFC fighter and alcoholic called Jackie who returns to sport.
It is unclear if Sandler will star in the project or help produce it through his company Happy Madison. However, what is clear is that it will be a show.
White had more information when speaking on The Pat McAfee Show this week.
"We're working on a show right now with Adam Sandler that's a comedy about working in the offices of the UFC," he said.
White also said they have an upcoming project separate from the Sandler show that depicts life behind-the-scenes at the UFC.
"We're doing a deal right now with Roku where we're filming a documentary behind the scenes of the UFC that will come out later this year."
White said it's about "the whole business," adding: "You guys will see all the behind-the-scenes."
MMA documentaries are a hot topic in the streaming world as the recent release of "McGregor Forever" — a four-part series — has been a popular addition on Netflix.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May