Emma Raducanu will earn at least $675,000 for reaching the US Open semifinals - more than twice what she's earned in her whole career so far
- Emma Raducanu's will more than double her career winnings after making the semis of the US Open.
- The 18-year-old will pocket a minimum of $675,000 after reaching the last four.
- Prior to the tournament, her career earnings to date sat at $303,376.
Emma Raducanu's net worth has taken a massive boost thanks to her sensational run to the US Open semifinals.
The 18-year-old will take home at least $675,000 for reaching the last four at Flushing Meadows - more than twice as much as she's earned in her fledgling career to date.
Prior to the final Grand Slam of the year, the Briton had earned $303,376.
$255,478 of that came from her run to the fourth round at Wimbledon in the summer, meaning prior to that, she had earned just $47,898.
After beating Belinda Bencic in the US Open quarterfinals on Wednesday, Raducanu will now face Greek Maria Sakkari in the last four on Friday.
Win that, and the teenager will claim a huge $1.25 million, while winning the final will pocket her a tidy $2.5 million.
-Emma Raducanu (@EmmaRaducanu) September 8, 2021
Raducanu entered the US Open as a qualifier, and is the first qualifier in tournament history to make the semis.
She says her run to tournament's semifinals has been so unexpected that she had booked flights home to England for two weeks ago.
"I didn't expect to be here at all," the teen, who is the first qualifier in US Open history to reach the semifinals, said after her quarterfinal win over Bencic.
"My flights were booked at the end of qualifying, so it's a nice problem to have."
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World