Emma Raducanu will earn at least $675,000 for reaching the US Open semifinals - more than twice what she's earned in her whole career so far
- Emma Raducanu's will more than double her career winnings after making the semis of the US Open.
- The 18-year-old will pocket a minimum of $675,000 after reaching the last four.
- Prior to the tournament, her career earnings to date sat at $303,376.
Emma Raducanu's net worth has taken a massive boost thanks to her sensational run to the US Open semifinals.
The 18-year-old will take home at least $675,000 for reaching the last four at Flushing Meadows - more than twice as much as she's earned in her fledgling career to date.
Prior to the final Grand Slam of the year, the Briton had earned $303,376.
$255,478 of that came from her run to the fourth round at Wimbledon in the summer, meaning prior to that, she had earned just $47,898.
After beating Belinda Bencic in the US Open quarterfinals on Wednesday, Raducanu will now face Greek Maria Sakkari in the last four on Friday.
Win that, and the teenager will claim a huge $1.25 million, while winning the final will pocket her a tidy $2.5 million.
-Emma Raducanu (@EmmaRaducanu) September 8, 2021
Raducanu entered the US Open as a qualifier, and is the first qualifier in tournament history to make the semis.
She says her run to tournament's semifinals has been so unexpected that she had booked flights home to England for two weeks ago.
"I didn't expect to be here at all," the teen, who is the first qualifier in US Open history to reach the semifinals, said after her quarterfinal win over Bencic.
"My flights were booked at the end of qualifying, so it's a nice problem to have."
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Swiggy raises $700 million led by Invesco to double down on quick commerce, valuation crosses $10 billion
- OnePlus 10R with MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC tipped to launch in India by Q2 end
- IPL 2022: These are the foreign players who are retained by the teams ahead of the auction
- From Adani Green to HAL – these 10 stocks have defied the market meltdown
- Wipro, L&T Infotech, Zee Entertainment, Mindtree among top losers that hit investors’ portfolio in the last one month