Emma Raducanu will earn at least $675,000 for reaching the US Open semifinals - more than twice what she's earned in her whole career so far
- Emma Raducanu's will more than double her career winnings after making the semis of the US Open.
- The 18-year-old will pocket a minimum of $675,000 after reaching the last four.
- Prior to the tournament, her career earnings to date sat at $303,376.
Emma Raducanu's net worth has taken a massive boost thanks to her sensational run to the US Open semifinals.
The 18-year-old will take home at least $675,000 for reaching the last four at Flushing Meadows - more than twice as much as she's earned in her fledgling career to date.
Prior to the final Grand Slam of the year, the Briton had earned $303,376.
$255,478 of that came from her run to the fourth round at Wimbledon in the summer, meaning prior to that, she had earned just $47,898.
After beating Belinda Bencic in the US Open quarterfinals on Wednesday, Raducanu will now face Greek Maria Sakkari in the last four on Friday.
Win that, and the teenager will claim a huge $1.25 million, while winning the final will pocket her a tidy $2.5 million.
-Emma Raducanu (@EmmaRaducanu) September 8, 2021
Raducanu entered the US Open as a qualifier, and is the first qualifier in tournament history to make the semis.
She says her run to tournament's semifinals has been so unexpected that she had booked flights home to England for two weeks ago.
"I didn't expect to be here at all," the teen, who is the first qualifier in US Open history to reach the semifinals, said after her quarterfinal win over Bencic.
"My flights were booked at the end of qualifying, so it's a nice problem to have."
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning