Henry Ruggs III ordered to return to court for violating his bail terms over DUI charge in deadly crash
- A judge ordered former
Raiderswide receiver Henry Ruggs III to appear in court on Monday.
- The judge said Ruggs violated the terms of his bail following a DUI charge.
A judge has ordered Henry Ruggs III to return to court on Monday, saying the former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver violated bail terms for his DUI charge connected to a fatal crash.
Justice of the Peace Suzan Baucum said Ruggs missed a required alcohol test over the weekend while on house arrest in the case, according to ESPN.
Ruggs' lawyers told Baucum that Ruggs "self-tested" negative after missing the required breath test, according to ESPN.
Ruggs, who is under home confinement with electronic monitoring and four required daily alcohol checks, faces re-arrest if the judge determines he did not comply with the restrictions.
Prosecutors say Ruggs was driving over 150 miles per hour before he crashed into another car, killing a person, earlier this month.
His blood alcohol level was also over twice the legal limit at the time of the crash, prosecutors said.
He was charged with DUI and reckless driving in the case.
The Raiders released Ruggs from the team following the crash.
- Congress 'hand' stops BRS 'car' in Telangana, Revanth Reddy leads in Kamareddy seat as KCR trails
- Santa Claus Rally may hit markets early as BJP storms to power in Hindi Heartland
- Assembly results: BJP leading in 54 seats in Chhattisgarh
- BJP leading in 155 of 230 seats in Madhya Pradesh, Congress ahead in 72
- Rajasthan assembly polls: BJP surges ahead of Congress to take lead