Henry Ruggs III ordered to return to court for violating his bail terms over DUI charge in deadly crash
- A judge ordered former
Raiderswide receiver Henry Ruggs III to appear in court on Monday.
- The judge said Ruggs violated the terms of his bail following a DUI charge.
A judge has ordered Henry Ruggs III to return to court on Monday, saying the former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver violated bail terms for his DUI charge connected to a fatal crash.
Justice of the Peace Suzan Baucum said Ruggs missed a required alcohol test over the weekend while on house arrest in the case, according to ESPN.
Ruggs' lawyers told Baucum that Ruggs "self-tested" negative after missing the required breath test, according to ESPN.
Ruggs, who is under home confinement with electronic monitoring and four required daily alcohol checks, faces re-arrest if the judge determines he did not comply with the restrictions.
Prosecutors say Ruggs was driving over 150 miles per hour before he crashed into another car, killing a person, earlier this month.
His blood alcohol level was also over twice the legal limit at the time of the crash, prosecutors said.
He was charged with DUI and reckless driving in the case.
The Raiders released Ruggs from the team following the crash.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala