Iowa star Caitlin Clark is dominating March Madness in Kobe Bryant-branded Nikes that go for $600
- Caitlin Clark has the Iowa Hawkeyes in the Final Four of the Women's NCAA Tournament.
- Her dominance included the first 40-point triple-double in tourney history during the Elite Eight.
Caitlin Clark has led the Iowa Hawkeyes to the Final Four in the NCAA Women's Tournament, and she is doing it in style.
In Iowa's Elite Eight win over Louisville, Clark recorded the first triple-double in NCAA Tournament history — and yes, it was a legit triple-double.
On the season, the 6-foot-0 junior point guard is averaging 27.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, and 8.6 assists per game. But since the start of March Madness, her stat line is an even more jaw-dropping 30.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 11.0 assists per game.
And she is doing that in some shoes that would make many sneakerheads jealous.
According to Pat Benson of Sports Illustrated, Clark has worn Kobe Bryant's signature Nikes all season, specifically Kobe 5s and Kobe 6s.
However, when the NCAA Tournament started, Clark switched to the Nike Kobe 5 Protro in the "Bruce Lee" colorway.
The limited-edition Kobes sold at retail for $180, but now go for an average sale price of $600 over the past month on StockX's secondary sneaker market and as high as $800, depending on size and condition.
The Kobe 5 originally debuted in 2010 during Bryant's final championship season, and according to StockX, the Bruce Lee colorway is one of the most coveted of all the Kobes. The black and yellow motif is inspired by the famous jumpsuit Lee wore in "Game of Death," while the red marks are a reference to the scratches on Lee's face and torso in the climactic fight during "Enter the Dragon."
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine