LeBron James quietly invested in Beats by Dre and made $700 million without anyone really knowing, a former teammate claimed
LeBron Jamesmade $700 million through being a "silent investor" in headphones brand Beats by Dre, says the 35-year-old's former teammate Kendrick Perkins.
- James took part ownership of Beats by Dre in 2008, however was thought to have made only $30 million from the deal, according to Bleacher Report.
- "When Dr. Dre got the big contract for the Beats by Dre, when they wrote him that check, LeBron James got $700 million off of it. He was a silent investor in the Beats and nobody knows this."
- Perkins further described James as "the chosen one in life" because all of his business ventures seem to be successful.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 61% OFF
Coirfit Jute Fabric Washable Cover 3 Seater Folding Sofa Cum Bed (Grey, 5' X 6' Feet)₹ 8769₹ 17271Buy On
- 31% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Mini Medium Plastic Cabinet Brown , 2 Doors₹ 4699₹ 6500Buy On
- 34% OFF
CelloNoveltyLarge 2 Door Plastic Cupboard with lock(Wood , Brown)₹ 6709₹ 10095Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Canes Engineered Wood Queen Bed with Box Storage (Wenge finish)₹ 13449₹ 24000Buy On
- 21% OFF
MBTC Xcelo Mesh Office Chair (Black)₹ 3399₹ 4999Buy On
LeBron James made $700 million through being a "silent investor" in headphones brand Beats by Dre, says the 35-year-old's former teammate Kendrick Perkins.
Perkins and James reached the
Speaking on "Runnin' Plays: A Golden State Warriors Podcast" on Tuesday, Perkins revealed James to be somewhat of a business mastermind, describing him as a "the chosen one" because of his enormous success in all ventures of life.
"The crazy thing to me about LeBron James is that he is the chosen one in life," said Perkins. "I tell him all the time 'I really hate you. I hate you!' And he'll be like 'What you mean, Perk?!' 'I hate you because everything you touch turns into gold!"
Perkins added: "He invested $4 million in a soccer team and all of a sudden he's worth $30 million. When Dr. Dre got the big contract for the Beats by Dre, when they wrote him that check, LeBron James got $700 million off of it. He was a silent investor in the Beats and nobody knows this."
According to Sportscasting, James partnered with Dr. Dre to become an ambassador for the brand in 2008, however ended up having part ownership of the company. It was reported by Bleacher Report in 2014 that James had made only $30 million from the partnership.
"Even when we were gambling with playing cards, he would always win," Perkins concluded. "He really is the chosen one."
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on gaming laptops, accessories
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022