Mike Tyson once tried to fight Michael Jordan at a birthday party in 1988, the boxing icon's former manager claimed
Mike Tysononce tried to fight Michael Jordanat a birthday dinner for Chicago Bears star Richard Dent in 1988.
- That's according to Tyson's ex-manager Rory Holloway, who says Tyson took aim at Jordan because the NBA icon once dated his wife at the time, Robin Givens.
- "Mike stares across the table at Michael Jordan," Holloway said in a memoir. "He says: 'Hey man, you think I'm stupid? I know you f------ with my b----.'
- "Jordan looks like he just seen a ghost," Hollway added: "It's obvious he just wants to get up and run."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Mike Tyson once tried to fight Michael Jordan at a birthday party in 1988, says the boxing icon's ex-manager, Rory Holloway.
According to Holloway, the pair were attending a birthday dinner for Richard Dent, a star player for the NFL's Chicago bears, alongside promoter Don King and Bears coach Mike Ditka when Tyson took aim at Jordan over the fact the NBA star used to date Robin Givens, who was Tyson's wife at the time.
"Mike Tyson's sitting there with his drink of choice, a Long Island Tea, and when he drinks his real feelings come out," Holloway wrote in his 2016 book "Taming the Beast: The Untold Story of Team Tyson," as reported by Boxing Scene.
"I'm telling the server to water his drinks down because I see where this is going.
"Mike stares across the table at Michael Jordan. He says: 'Hey man, you think I'm stupid? I know you f------ with my b----.'
"Jordan looks like he just seen a ghost. 'I know you messed with her,' Mike says. 'You can tell me.'
"Jordan, it's obvious he just wants to get up and run. He wants no part of this. Mike turns to Ditka. 'Man, you think somebody scared of you, all that racist s--- you been talking?'
"He says to Dent, 'Y'all scared of this damn white man, Richard? He ain't nobody. You gonna let him talk that way?'
"It was a circus, for real, that night. Don King trying to change the subject. Me and John trying to hold Mike down.
"Mike telling everyone he's going to bust Jordan's ass. Jordan's dressed sharp as always and he can't get out of there fast enough."
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts
- BeUnic: Closet is not the place to be says this mom who built an LGBTQ+ community marketplace
- In a major clean-up drive, BMC sacks 55 staffers for corruption, suspends 134 for graft, crimes
- Reliance Consumer Products enters into strategic agreement with Sri Lankan biscuit maker Maliban