Paul George admits he was wrong about Damian Lillard's iconic playoff shot after remarkable NBA All-Star performance
- Damian Lillard famously hit a deep three over Paul George during the 2019 playoffs.
- The shot ended the OKC Thunder's playoff run, and George called it a "bad shot" after the game.
- Two years later, George admitted it was "a great shot" after the All-Star game.
Anyone still sleeping on Damian Lillard's elite long-range shooting ability received a blistering wake-up call thanks to his standout performance during Sunday night's NBA All-Star game.
Even fellow All-Star Paul George - who has famously experienced the Portland Trail Blazer guard's lethal marksmanship first-hand - has finally come to appreciate Dame's greatness.
"I mean, I see this guy's range is crazy," George said after playing alongside Lillard for Team LeBron. "The ability to knock those shots down, it's not like it's a half-court heave. These are shots that are well in their range."
George was not nearly as impressed with Lillard's shooting prowess when it came at his and his teammates' expense. Dame ended the Blazers' five-game series against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the 2019 playoffs by draining a buzzer-beating, game-winning 37-footer over George's outstretched hand. After the ball dropped through the net, the sharpshooter waved goodbye to the Thunder with a steely look on his face, likely prompting George's angry retort during his post-game press conference.
"That's a bad, bad shot," George said at the time. "I don't care what anybody says. That's a bad shot."
It wasn't, and anyone who had ever watched Lillard play knew it. George faced plenty of blowback for the comment, but he refused to recognize his error publicly for nearly two years.
On Sunday, George watched as Dame exploded for 32 points on 11-of-20 shooting from the floor and 50% from beyond the arc. And after Lillard iced the All-Star game with an astounding - but no longer surprising - 40-foot game-winner, George finally admitted his mistake.
"Well, I guess I was criticized for the right reason for calling Dame's shot in the playoffs a bad shot," George said. "It's a great shot. Two thumbs up."
Check out George's full answer about Lillard and the newly-defined shooting range in the NBA below:
-Tomer Azarly (@TomerAzarly) March 8, 2021
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life