Photos from Rafael Nadal's Spanish wedding show a reception fit for tennis royalty
- On Saturday, tennis star Rafael Nadal married his long-time girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello in a stunning, 350-person ceremony in Majorca, Spain.
- According to media reports, the couple married at "La Fortaleza," a fortress believed to be Spain's most expensive property.
- The 19-time Grand Slam champion and his now-wife hosted a number of impressive guests at the lavish affair, including former King of Spain Juan Carlos I.
- Photos posted to the US Open Instagram page show the happy newlyweds posing together in front of a beautiful waterfront landscape.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tennis star Rafael Nadal - who has won 19 Grand Slam tournament titles in his illustrious career - married long-time girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello on Saturday in their home country of Spain.
According to media reports, the couple married at "La Fortaleza," a seaside fortress in Majorca, Spain, believed to be the most expensive property in the entire country. The 33-year-old Nadal and his now-wife hosted a number of impressive guests at the lavish, 350-person affair, including the former King of Spain Juan Carlos I.
Nadal and Perello have managed to keep the wedding fairly under wraps. According to local outlet Mundo Deportivo, the pair requested that guests leave their phones in lockers and wrote notes reminding attendees not to take any photos.
Still, some details of the reception have been publicized. Spanish dress designer Rosa Clara shared a video on Instagram confirming that she designed Perello's dress.
Clara designed an elegant but understated white dress with full sleeves, an embroidered top, and a long, satin skirt.
Just a few days after the ceremony, fans were able to get a glimpse of Perello in the gown, as the US Open Instagram account shared photos that show her and her now-husband posing together in front of a beautiful waterfront landscape.
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads