The best running shoes for men
- The pair of running shoes you choose can either make or break your running experience.
- Luckily, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 is a versatile pair of shoes that delivers, and they're perfect for runners of every level, too with their lightweight feel, comfortable fit, and smooth ride.
Whether you're an average guy just starting your running journey to shed a few pounds, or you're deep in the running game training for your next marathon, the importance of finding a good pair of running shoes remains the same. Every runner is different, and there are a number of factors to consider before making your final decision.
While the choices may seem endless, we've done the research for you so you can hit the road with a new pair of kicks in no time. We've combed the reviews to find what we think are the 5 best men's running shoes based on a variety of running needs. Before we get into our picks, here are some things you need to consider.
Where will your running take you?
The type of running you're planning to tackle and where you're doing most of your training can help you hone in on the style of running shoe you'll need. If you plan to be logging most of your miles on sidewalks and pavement, a good pair of road running shoes will do the trick. However, if adventure calls you off the roads and into the woods, you'll want to consider finding yourself a good pair of trail shoes that can handle rough terrain.
What's your comfort zone?
If you enjoy competition and going for speed, you may want to consider a lightweight running shoe that won't weigh you down for training. A good lightweight shoe can also do double duty as a racer, giving you fast feet on race day. Are you in it for the long run when it comes to miles logged and time spent on the road? If so, a cushioned shoe will provide the comfortable ride you'll need to reduce the impact on your body and give you stamina even the energizer bunny would envy.
Will you need some extra support?
While we may like to think of ourselves as superheroes, we can't all be invincible. The best runners can be susceptible to overpronation or underpronation, and even if you've been lucky enough to be gifted with a nearly perfect running gait, that doesn't mean you'll escape injury. In order to reduce your chances of injury, it's important to find running shoes that will provide you with the right amount of stability and support. If you overpronate, meaning your foot tends to roll too far inward as you run, you'll want a more supportive motion-control shoe. Underpronation is just the opposite, meaning that your foot doesn't roll in far enough as you run. For this, you'll want a neutral-cushioned shoe that encourages natural foot motion.
After much research, we've found that these are the best men's running shoes you can buy, whether you're hitting the track or the trails.
Here are the best running shoes you can buy:
- Best running shoes overall: Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36
- Best running shoes for stability: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
- Best shoes for trail running: Saucony Peregrine 7
- Best lightweight running shoes: Saucony Freedom ISO 2
- Best cushioned running shoes: Hoka One One Bondi 5
Updated on 10/21/2019 by Amir Ismael: Added two new picks and updated formatting and prices.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
The best men's running shoes overall
The best men's running shoes for stability
The best men's shoes for trail running
The best lightweight men's running shoes
The best men's cushioned running shoes
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season