The Washington Football Team's search for a new name is reaching its final stage
- The Washington Football Team is set to unveil its new name ahead of the 2022 season.
- Co-CEO Tanya Snyder said the franchise is down to 3 finalists.
- WFT, Redwolves, and Presidents are among a list of potential names that have been rumored.
The Washington Football Team will play with their minimalist branding through the 2021 season but will unveil a new moniker ahead of next year.
As a guest on the Adam Schefter Podcast, WFT Co-CEO Tanya Snyder said that the team was down to three potential candidates.
While she would not confirm which three had made it to the final cut, Snyder did appear to acknowledge the accuracy of Schefter's list of eight semifinalists he had heard were in the running.
"I heard the eight - we had the Armada, the Presidents, the Brigade, the RedHogs, the Commanders, the Redwolves, the Defenders, and WFT - I think those are the candidates, right?" Schefter asked. "That's right," Snyder replied. "Has that been said?"
The names listed by Schefter were also featured in a team video as part of its "Making the Brand" series.
At the end of the video, team president Jason Wright said that the team was down to three final contenders, though the options were hidden to keep their secrecy.
While the team has publicly tested the waters with these eight names, Wright tweeted out in August that the list was "no form of final 8 list," but instead just the selection of possible names shown during the production of the video.
-Jason Wright (@whoisjwright) August 19, 2021
In other words, one or more of the finalists may not be from the list of eight.
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78