Tiger Woods' girlfriend Erica Herman has become a steadfast presence as the golfer navigates the final act of his career
- Tiger Woods' girlfriend Erica Herman has been by his side through some of the biggest moments of his career.
- Herman was the once who embraced Woods after his 2019 Masters win, and was there to help him rehab after his car accident in February 2021.
Erica Herman, Woods' girlfriend, has become a steady presence in the life of the greatest golfer to ever play the game. While the two keep their relationship relatively private, Woods has relied on Herman in some of the tough times he has experienced over the past few years, as well as shared his highest moments.
Herman and Woods' relationship became public in 2017, when she appeared with Woods at the Presidents Cup, where Woods was serving as an assistant captain for Team USA. Herman had worked as the general manager at Woods' restaurant in Jupiter, Florida.
In the five years since they were first photographed together publicly, Herman has been through a lot with Woods.
When Woods won the 2018 TOUR Championship — his first competitive win after multiple back surgeries put the future of his career into question — Herman was one of the first people that embraced him.
A year later, Herman was standing just off the 18th green at Augusta National with the rest of his family on Sunday, as Woods sunk the final putt of the tournament to win his fifth green jacket.
But it hasn't all been easy for Woods and Herman. After Woods' car accident in February 2021, Herman helped Woods with his recovery.
"There was a point in time when, I wouldn't say it was 50/50, but it was damn near there, if I was going to walk out of that hospital with one leg," Woods told Golf Digest in his first interview after the accident. "Once I [kept it], I wanted to test and see if I still had my hands. So even in the hospital, I would have [girlfriend] Erica [Herman] and [friend] Rob [McNamara] throw me something. Throw me anything."
Woods' first event back was technically the PNC Championship — an exhibition of sorts where some of the best players in the world tee it up with a family member. Woods played alongside his son, Charlie. Walking the course to support them was Herman, along with Charlie's sister, Sam, and their mother and Woods' ex-wife, Elin Nordegren.
Woods is set to make his true return to competitive golf at the 2022 Masters, but after that, it's unclear how many events he'll be playing on a week-to-week basis on the PGA Tour.
"I think something that is realistic is playing the [PGA] Tour one day — never full-time, ever again — but pick and choose, just like Mr. [Ben] Hogan did. Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that," Woods told Golf Digest's Henni Koyack after his accident.
- Reliance Retail’s new lifestyle store AZORTE goes high-tech with smart trial rooms, self-checkout kiosks
- Amazon’s 2022 Hardware Event — here’s what's new on Kindle, Echos, Fire TV Cube, and Halo Rise
- Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup with back stress fracture: Report
- Meet the former Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan — the next Chief of Defence Staff
- Akash Ambani’s keeping up the family tradition of breaking into global lists
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World