Tiger Woods left the No. 1 golfer in the world stunned on the driving range over his lack of divots
- Tiger Woods doesn't hit divots on the driving range.
- Woods perplexed World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler when he asked about his unique practice style.
Tiger Woods might not be at the peak of his powers any longer, but he can still stun the top golfers in the world with his ability.
In a recent video shoot with TaylorMade, Woods joined fellow pros Scottie Scheffler, Collin Morikawa, Rory McIlroy, and Tommy Fleetwood on the driving range to test some new clubs.
As the foursome made small talk, Scheffler asked Woods why he doesn't take divots as he practices.
"Why do you take a divot?" Woods responded.
Scottie was taken aback. "I don't know, I'm asking you."
"Just picking it," Woods said. "When I'm swinging well, I don't take divots."
"When I'm flushing it, I don't take divots. It just is what it is. It is what it is."
Scheffler, still clearly baffled, let the conversation go.
—TaylorMade Golf (@TaylorMadeGolf) May 11, 2023
Scheffler was asked about the video at the PGA Championship. He still thinks it's possible that Woods was playing mind games with him, but he can't tell for sure.
"I haven't actually watched it, but I do remember that day," Scheffler said of the video. "That was one of the first things we did that day, so I was just trying to wake up. I look over, and he hadn't made any divots, and I was, like, a little bit confused. So the look on my face probably said it all. But I don't know. I think he was doing some sort of drill or something like that and maybe didn't want to tell me because the cameras were on.
"Who knows? Maybe he really doesn't take divots. Ask JT."
This isn't the first time Woods' iron play has edged into the realm of lore.
When the clubs from Woods' grand slam year were going up for auction, people were stunned to see the perfect ball marks that scarred the faces of his irons.
—Peter Finch (@PeterFinchGolf) March 24, 2022
Golf is a game of reaching for perfection, but being that perfect is simply unheard of.
Unless you're Tiger Woods.
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May