Top Esports Firm 100 Thieves Lays Off Dozens of Employees Including Senior Executives
100 Thieves, with a $460 million valuation, reportedly fired senior members of social media and content team, including video editors and executive producers, reports Dexerto.
Esports social media veteran Blackbeard, previously of OpTic Gaming, was among those laid off.
Executive Producer Mike Aransky, formerly of IGN and ESPN fame, was another big name.
"I do not know how to start this. So today, after almost 4 years of @100Thieves I say good-bye," Aransky tweeted on Thursday.
Aransky helped "build the content team from the ground up."
Employees hit by the layoffs expressed their gratitude for time spent with 100 Thieves.
"From being a fan for years to working at the company and meeting amazing people, it's been an absolute pleasure," tweeted former editor Alec Daughtry.
Recently, the leading esports organisation TSM also reportedly laid off more than 20 employees.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- JioCinema breaks world record with over 3.2 crore viewers during IPL final
- Nifty, Sensex now at 'reasonable valuations' but midcaps, small caps and financials still have some juice left
- Sensex, Nifty50 rise in morning trade led by FMCG, energy and auto stocks
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038