Top Esports Firm 100 Thieves Lays Off Dozens of Employees Including Senior Executives
100 Thieves, with a $460 million valuation, reportedly fired senior members of social media and content team, including video editors and executive producers, reports Dexerto.
Esports social media veteran Blackbeard, previously of OpTic Gaming, was among those laid off.
Executive Producer Mike Aransky, formerly of IGN and ESPN fame, was another big name.
"I do not know how to start this. So today, after almost 4 years of @100Thieves I say good-bye," Aransky tweeted on Thursday.
Aransky helped "build the content team from the ground up."
Employees hit by the layoffs expressed their gratitude for time spent with 100 Thieves.
"From being a fan for years to working at the company and meeting amazing people, it's been an absolute pleasure," tweeted former editor Alec Daughtry.
Recently, the leading esports organisation TSM also reportedly laid off more than 20 employees.
Popular on BI
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story
- Budget 2023-24: All you need to know about FM’s announcements on personal tax
- It's Sitharaman's shortest-ever budget speech, during which PM thumped his desk 124 times
- Some of Adani Group's debt funded capex projects are discretionary, can be deferred: ICRA