Tottenham's Eric Dier left a match at a crucial moment to use the bathroom and Jose Mourinho had to go find him
- Tottenham defender Eric Dier ran off the field in the middle of a match for a bathroom break.
- In his absence, Spurs nearly gave up a goal to Chelsea, prompting manager Jose Mourinho to hunt him down in the locker room.
- Dier made up for his miscue later, drilling his shot in the decisive penalty shootout to help Tottenham through to the quarterfinals of the Carabao Cup.
Eric Dier had a mid-match emergency on Tuesday.
In desperate need of a bathroom break, the Tottenham defender ran off the field around the 70th minute of their match against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup. Already trailing 0-1 and playing a man down momentarily, Spurs nearly gave up a second goal while Dier was off the pitch.
—James Olley (@JamesOlley) September 29, 2020
Thankfully for Tottenham, Chelsea's shot went high over the net, but manager Jose Mourinho wasn't taking any chances, telling his team to slow things down and then marching back into the locker room to track down his missing defender.
— (@TheEuropeanLad) September 29, 2020
—ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) September 29, 2020
On Twitter, fans had a field day with Dier's trip to the loo.
—Paddy Power (@paddypower) September 29, 2020
—Men in Blazers (@MenInBlazers) September 29, 2020
—. (@EccentricFella) September 29, 2020
—Lu Fernanda (@cfc_lulu) September 29, 2020
—ODDSbible (@ODDSbible) September 29, 2020
Dier would get the chance to make up for his mistake later in the match. Tottenham drew level with a goal from Erik Lamela in the 83rd minute, and after full time, the match went to penalty kicks.
Dier stepped up to the spot for Tottenham first. He flushed it.
Tottenham would go on to win the shootout 5-4 to secure a spot in the quarterfinal after Chelsea's Mason Mount missed the final kick of the match. Immediately after the miss, Dier rushed over to comfort Mount before celebrating with his teammates.
—SPORTbible (@sportbible) September 29, 2020
Let's hope he washed his hands.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons