USA's Antonee Robinson comforted a sobbing Iranian soccer player after the Americans knocked their team out at the World Cup
- USA's Antonee Robinson consoled a sobbing Iranian soccer player after USA's win Tuesday.
- The USMNT successfully made it through the World Cup's knockout round after beating Iran.
US Men's National Team player Antonee Robinson consoled a sobbing Iranian soccer player after the USA's World Cup win Tuesday, which eliminated Iran from the tournament and knocked them out of the running for a spot in the next round.
In a video circulating social media, Robinson can be seen embracing Iranian player Ramin Rezaeian after the game as Rezaeian sobs into Robinson's shoulder.
The pair appear to exchange words, but it's unclear what they said to each other.
—Fútbol (@El_Futbolesque) November 30, 2022
USA clinched their spot in the World Cup's Round of 16 on Tuesday after finishing second in the Group B knockout round, behind England and ahead of Wales and Iran.
The win didn't come without injuries to key players, though — Christian Pulisic and Josh Sargent were subbed out of the game after injuries to their abdomen and ankle, respectively.
This is the first time in eight years that the USMNT successfully made it through the knockout round and will appear in the Round of 16.
The USMNT will face off against the Netherlands on Saturday at 10 a.m. Eastern Time.
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals