Astrology and palmistry services are the new 'in' things in home services start-ups
If you think that youngsters were only interested in beauty services when it comes to making use of
Youngsters are turning to these start-ups so that they can seek astrologers’ help for their queries relating to their professional careers or foreign trips.
These start-ups are letting youth consult astrologers for getting their 'kundlis' matched, tarot card reading, making it a perfect blend of the traditional and modern world.
"India is a very different market and a very different economy culturally," Siddharth Dalal, CEO of hyperlocal aggregator BookMeIn told ET. "The demand has been growing steadily. When we launched the service six months back it was four-five requests per week for the category. Today it has gone up to 50-60 per week with Vastu, Reiki and Tarot card reading finding maximum demand," he added.
Popular on BI
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos