Stephen Colbert won in another debate about the existence of God with Ricky Gervais
"I smoked you," Colbert said Thursday of their previous heady conversation.
"And where did it get us? Nowhere," Gervais said. "I'm going to hell because I don't believe in him."
"No," Colbert said. "I'm going to hell because I do believe in it. Just because you believe in hell doesn't mean you won't go there. You probably will, because I'm a sinner."
Then the conversation shifted to Gervais's time in Iceland. Colbert mentioned that people in Iceland believe in elves, which appeals to him because he loves "The Lord of the Rings." But Gervais is not a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien because he's not a fan of "nonsense."
"It's fantasy," Colbert said. "What's wrong with nonsense? Does everything have to be true to you?"
"Okay, I'm a Catholic," Gervais said.
"Welcome aboard," said Colbert, who seemingly won the religious debate again.
"If nonsense is okay, I'm in," Gervais said. "And I can drink as much red wine as I want. I'm absolutely off my [bleep] on the blood of Christ."
You can watch the segment below:
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999