Stepmother Of Teen Charged In Bullying Suicide Arrested For Child Abuse
During a press conference Friday evening, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd aired a video clip of 30-year-old Vivian Vosburg appearing to beat two boys who were in her care. Unidentified girls in the house were laughing as the video was being taken.
Vosburg's stepdaughter, with whom she lives, was arrested earlier this week for bullying 12-year-old Rebecca Ann Sedwick, who committed suicide in September in Lakeland, Fla.
"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree," Judd said.
The 14-year-old stepdaughter allegedly posted this message to her Facebook page on Saturday:
"Yes ik [I know] I bullied Rebecca nd she killed her self but IDGAF <3"
The teen allegedly started bullying Rebecca once she started dating Rebecca's ex-boyfriend.
Vosburg and the 14-year-old's father appeared on national television on Wednesday to defend the girl. They said her Facebook must have been hacked because the 14-year-old would never post something like that. They also claimed to monitor the girl's Facebook daily to make sure she didn't post anything inappropriate.
Judd said Tuesday that the 14-year-old was cold and showed "no emotion at all" when she was arrested, according to the AP.
Here's the video:
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds