Steve Ballmer says Microsoft tried to buy Facebook for $24 billion
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer told CNBC on Friday that he tried to buy Facebook when it was "itsy-bitsy" for $24 billion.Ballmer left Microsoft in 2014 and is now the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers and an investor in Twitter.
"Microsoft [would] acquire a small stake in Facebook at a $15 billion valuation," Kirkpatrick said. "Then, Microsoft would have the option, every six months, to buy another 5 percent of Facebook. A complete takeover of the company would take 5 to 7 years."When CNBC on Friday asked Ballmer how much Microsoft offered back then, he said, "Oh I think $24 billion when the company was itsy-bitsy and he said no. And I respect that."
Zuckerberg clearly made the right choice. He currently has a net worth of $57 billion and Facebook's market cap is $374 billion.
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16