India’s largest packaging company Uflex partners with IIT-Delhi to develop PPE kits—shares soar 9%
Uflex shareszoomed over 9% after the company announced that it has developed a Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) coverall ‘Flex Protect’.
- Since the beginning of 2020, Uflex share price has taken a massive hit because of the subdued market sentiments.
- Uflex, along with
IIT-Delhirecognized the opportunity towards playing a vital part in the battle against COVID-19, said Pillai, the joint president for packaging and new product development at UFlex.
Since the beginning of 2020, Uflex share prices had taken a massive hit because of subdued market sentiments.The share price has declined over 40% since the beginning of this year, till date. But interestingly, since the lockdown has started the shares have begun to climb back up at a steady pace.
Jeevaraj Pillai, the joint president for packaging and new product development at UFlex said that with the rising
“Flex Protect comes with Four-layered Protection and Anti-microbial Coating and has been approved by
Uflex said the protective gears are made from a combination of non-woven polypropylene fabric and further impregnated with antimicrobial PPC coating through a special process to increase the breathability.
“As compared to other PPE Kits, the Flex-Protect Coverall Standard is made of 70 GSM which makes it very comfortable and flexible, and fit to be worn for long hours as well,” it added.
The company also said that it will be bidding for government requirements to supply PPE coveralls and it will be retailed via chemists and e-commerce platforms.
SEE ALSO: After Kotak Mahindra Bank, IDFC First Bank launches video KYC facility for customers to open savings accounts
Popular on BI
- Kathak's living legend Pandit Birju Maharaj dies at 83
- HDFC Bank, HCL Tech, Indian Oil, Hero MotoCorp and other hot stocks on January 17
- Even after the LIC IPO, Indian government may be well short of its divestment target — for a third year in a row
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products