Sensex, Nifty trade flat post opening with losses after eight days of rally
- ITC, Titan, Power Grid and UltraTech Cement are among the gainers.
- ICICI Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies are some of the major laggards.
- In Asia, Seoul, Shanghai and Hong Kong are quoting ower while Tokyo is trading in the green.
Equity benchmark indices, the
The 30-share BSE Sensex declined 167.77 points to 67,053.36. The Nifty slipped 49.1 points to 19,944.10. The Nifty has recovered a bit and is 12 points in the red as it tries to recapture Mount 20,000.
Among the Sensex firms, ICICI Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Asian Paints, Bajaj Finserv and Infosys were the major laggards.
ITC, Titan, Power Grid and UltraTech Cement were among the gainers.
In Asian markets, Seoul, Shanghai and Hong Kong quoted lower while Tokyo traded in the green.
The US markets ended in the negative territory on Tuesday.
Global oil benchmark Brent crude climbed 0.20% to USD 92.24 a barrel.
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) offloaded equities worth Rs 1,047.19 crore on Tuesday after a day's breather, according to exchange data.
Retail inflation declined to 6.83% in August after touching a 15-month high of 7.44% in July, mainly due to softening prices of vegetables, but still remains above the Reserve Bank's comfort zone.
AdvertisementIndia's industrial production growth rose to a five-month high of 5.7% in July, mainly due to good showing by the manufacturing, mining and power sectors, according to an official data released on Tuesday.
The BSE benchmark had climbed 94.05 points or 0.14% to settle at 67,221.13 on Tuesday. The Nifty, however, pared all its gains and ended marginally lower by 3.15 points or 0.02% at 19,993.20 in a volatile trade.
Popular on BI
- Unveiling the impact of Flipkart on innovation and growth in seller success stories
- PM Modi moves to increase Jan Aushadhi Kendras, launches Drone Didi Yojana
- Arijit most streamed singer in India in 2023; Taylor Swift dominates global chart
- 10 simple diet changes for rapid belly fat loss
- From Redmi to Vivo – Smartphones set to hit the Indian market in December