Sensex scales 60,000 as TCS near its all-time high, ONGC near a two-year high
- India’s equity indices have been among the best performing ones around the world.
- Sensex is up 7.5% in the last one month, only second to Japan’s Nikkei, which is up 9%, among stock indices in developed economies.
- Three out of the top five gainers in the first hour on Friday were tech stocks boosted by the blockbuster earnings from Accenture.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The bulls rode the boost from strong earnings from IT bellwether Accenture as well as a spike in global oil prices. ONGC rose to its highest level since November 2019 as crude oil prices gained to near a 3-year high. Reliance Industries wasn’t excited by it though.
Among the best-performing IT stocks in trade today, Wipro gained 2.6%, Infosys 2.01%, Larsen & Toubro 2.01% and HCL Tech scaled 1.9% in today’s trade.
Sensex has gained almost 7.5% in the past one month, despite the fear of a Lehman Brothers-like crisis emanating from China due to a collapse of one of its giant realty majors, Evergrande.
|Top gainers||Gains as of Sep 24, 9:30 am|
Indian equity markets have been one of the best performers around the world in the last one month despite the increasing global risks including the fear of rising inflation and interest rates in the US.
Among Nifty50 stocks that touched a 52-week high, included Oberoi Realty, HCL Tech, L&T Technology, Asian Paints and Mahindra Life.
|Benchmark stock index||Last one month|
|Dow Jones (US)||-1.7%|
|Company||% Price change as at 10:20 am|
The rally in realty stocks came as some of the top Indian banks, including Kotak Mahindra Bank, State Bank of India and mortgage lender HDFC cut home loan rates.
The second biggest gains came from real estate stocks. The Nifty Realty index continued its surge, taking the tally for the last five days to over 22%.
|Company||% Gain as at 10:20 am|
AdvertisementVedanta, Dish TV, Sansera Engineering, IT and other top stocks to watch out for on September 24
TCS, Infosys and Wipro take a lot of heart from Accenture's blockbuster earnings
Mukesh Ambani is one of the top ten richest in the world again, after $3.3 billion jump in net worth in a day
Popular on BI
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- IPL teams are reportedly launching fan tokens, which will give followers a bigger say in club decisions
- Google now wants to teach you a new word daily with this new feature
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 review – foldable phones are ready for the mainstream
- COVID-19 pandemic killed 80,000-180,000 health workers till May 2021, says WHO