Top stocks to watch today— RIL, Wipro, Future Retail, Infosys, ICICI Bank and more
- At 8:05 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 0.11% lower than the previous close.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementAmid mixed cues from the global market, Indian stock-market indices are likely to open on a negative note on Monday.
Futures of Dow Jones was trading 90 points higher, whereas markets in Japan and Australia were trading in the red. At 8:05 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 0.11% lower than the previous close.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session on August 17:
The Government of Singapore has increased its stake in ICICI Bank as it took up 11.08% stake in the latest qualified institutional placement (QIP) of the bank’s shares with an investment of ₹1,662.71 crore.
In a regulatory filing, the bank said that the Government of Singapore was offered over 4.64 crore shares in the QIP amounting to 11.08% stake. ICICI Bank has raised ₹15,000 crore via QIP
Infosys notified the stock exchanges on “inadvertent” trading by Bobby Parikh, who was appointed a board member of Infosys just a month back. The firm’s audit committee imposed a fine of ₹2 lakh on him.
Infosys said in the filing that the portfolio management services of Bela Parikh, spouse of Bobby Parikh, an Independent Director of the Company, had bought 2,754 shares during the open trading window period without the knowledge of Bobby Parikh and without obtaining pre-clearance of trade.
Wipro on August 15 said it has completed the acquisition of Brazilian IT firm IVIA Serviços de Informatica Ltd.
In July, The company announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire IVIA for about ₹169 crore. IVIA is a provider of IT solutions, including system development, maintenance, consulting, and project management services to clients in Brazil.
Commercial Paper downgraded to A4+ from A2 while rating on proposed NCDs revised to BB from BBB+.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals on Friday posted an over two-fold increase in consolidated net profit at ₹254.04 crore for the quarter ended June.
The consolidated revenue stood at ₹2,344.78 crore for the first quarter, as compared to ₹2,322.87 crore in the year-ago period.
The Supreme Court will continue hearing the AGR matter today. The apex court on Friday sought details of the spectrum sharing pact between Reliance Jio and Reliance Communications. The court wants to know who is using the spectrum of insolvent companies.
According to reports, RIL is likely to tell the court that it is not liable to pay the AGR related dues of Reliance Communications Ltd despite using its spectrum. Also, keep an eye on other telecom stocks in trade today as they await clarity on staggered payment of the AGR dues.
Petronet LNG, Lux Industries, Orient Paper, Suven Pharmaceuticals.
These companies are slated to report their first quarterly earnings today.
SEE ALSO: RIL, Yes Bank, Fortis and all the stocks to watch out for on Monday
Tata group may take Air India's control by Jan 1 if it is sole eligible bidder
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling