MORGAN STANLEY PRESENTS: 'The Fragile Five' - The Most Troubled Currencies In Emerging Markets
This year, Morgan Stanley declared the Brazilian real, the Indonesian rupiah, the South African rand, the Indian rupee, and the Turkish lira as the "
"High inflation, weakening growth, large external deficits, and in some cases exposure to the China slowdown, and high dependence on fixed income inflows leave these currencies vulnerable," wrote Morgan Stanley analysts in an August research note.
We've highlighted Morgan Stanley's greatest concerns for each of the "Fragile Five," and include their year-to-date performance against the greenback.
- Tips to make Whatsapp more private and secure
- Best Samsung phones under ₹10000
- As women struggle to make up even one-third of corporate boards, Europe mandates 40% reservation for women
- Centre receives ₹5,001 crore as dividend from ONGC
- Having a funny bone like Chandler Bing’s could make you hot property on Tinder