MORGAN STANLEY PRESENTS: 'The Fragile Five' - The Most Troubled Currencies In Emerging Markets
This year, Morgan Stanley declared the Brazilian real, the Indonesian rupiah, the South African rand, the Indian rupee, and the Turkish lira as the "
"High inflation, weakening growth, large external deficits, and in some cases exposure to the China slowdown, and high dependence on fixed income inflows leave these currencies vulnerable," wrote Morgan Stanley analysts in an August research note.
We've highlighted Morgan Stanley's greatest concerns for each of the "Fragile Five," and include their year-to-date performance against the greenback.
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained
- Untimely rains and hails damage about 20 pc of mango crop: ICAR
- Here’s how much you would have earned if you invested in gold in 1970
- Top winners & losers of Nifty500 in FY23