10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
1. Global stocks slide as rising inflation spooks investors. See what markets are doing today.
2. Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies tumble. The drop came after China's central bank said virtual currencies can't be used to conduct business as they don't have real value.
3. UK inflation more than doubled to a 1-year high in April. The economy is gradually reopening from strict lockdowns, aided by its vaccine rollout.
4. Robinhood could file for its IPO as soon as next week. The trading app is aiming for a public trading debut in late June.
5. 'Long bitcoin' is now the world's most-crowded trade. Fewer fund managers than last month think bitcoin will outperform in 2021, a BofA survey revealed.
6. Michael Burry's bet against Tesla could be dangerous. Loup Ventures' Gene Munster says Tesla could be worth more than $2 trillion long-term.
8. Nikhil Kamath became a 34-year-old billionaire as the founder of the 'Robinhood of India.' He told us why millennials and Gen Zers have an investing edge over their predecessors - and shared his advice for retail traders.
9. An equities chief overseeing $7.5 billion has been preparing for inflation since June. John Bennett lays out his playbook and 2 sectors set to surge.
10. Legendary investor Jeremy Grantham told us why he went all in on climate-crisis investing after retiring from portfolio management. He also shared the one career path he'd choose if he could do it all over again.
- Bajaj Pulsar N150 vs Yamaha FZ-S V3 – The bike to consider under ₹1.25 lakh
- Game Of Thrones: Bajaj Auto and Eicher Motors headed for face-off in mid-premium bike segment
- Garlic: A pungent panacea for health and flavor
- Top 20 most sought after startups that Indians want to work for
- itel launches India's most affordable 5G smartphone 'P55 Power 5G' under Rs 10K