A metaverse mega yacht that just sold for $650,000 is the most expensive NFT sold in The Sandbox virtual world
- A mega yacht just sold for around $650,000, HypeBeast first reported.
- The Metaflower Super Mega Yacht was purchased for 149 ether.
The Sandboxis a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.
A mega yacht just sold for around $650,000, making it the most expensive non-fungible token ever sold in The Sandbox virtual gaming world.
The Metaflower Super Mega Yacht was purchased for 149 ether, according to etherscan. It is described as an ultra-luxury megayacht, featuring a DJ booth, two helipads, and a hot tub, among other amenities. HypeBeast was the first to report.
The digital asset was released by
The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.
Players can create digital assets such as NFTs and upload them to the marketplace, according to its white paper. Those who own
The sale of luxury items in the metaverse, a new three-dimensional iteration of the internet, has been making headlines as of late.
A day after, another plot of digital land sold for $2.3 million in Axie Infinity, another virtual world.
The sales continue to highlight the momentum of how much investors are willing to pay to secure their lots before the metaverse enters the mainstream.
The acceleration in interest has also fueled steep rises in the value of the cryptocurrencies that are linked to the virtual world, from
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Samsung to make $11 billion profit on robust semiconductor business
- Reliance has to pay ₹6 per litre of petrol & ₹13 for diesel exported as tax — but rising margins may cushion it
- The OnePlus Nord 2T is the ultimate smartphone to buy this season
- SaaS adoption rises, so do the security risks. Here are ways to counter them
- In the battle between AI & Metaverse, CEOs choose AI