A metaverse mega yacht that just sold for $650,000 is the most expensive NFT sold in The Sandbox virtual world
- A mega yacht just sold for around $650,000, HypeBeast first reported.
- The Metaflower Super Mega Yacht was purchased for 149 ether.
The Sandboxis a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.
A mega yacht just sold for around $650,000, making it the most expensive non-fungible token ever sold in The Sandbox virtual gaming world.
The Metaflower Super Mega Yacht was purchased for 149 ether, according to etherscan. It is described as an ultra-luxury megayacht, featuring a DJ booth, two helipads, and a hot tub, among other amenities. HypeBeast was the first to report.
The digital asset was released by
The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences.
Players can create digital assets such as NFTs and upload them to the marketplace, according to its white paper. Those who own
The sale of luxury items in the metaverse, a new three-dimensional iteration of the internet, has been making headlines as of late.
In November, a plot of digital land in Decentraland, a virtual world, was sold for $2.43 million — a hefty price tag that trumped the cost of most homes in New York City and San Francisco.
A day after, another plot of digital land sold for $2.3 million in Axie Infinity, another virtual world.
The sales continue to highlight the momentum of how much investors are willing to pay to secure their lots before the metaverse enters the mainstream.
The acceleration in interest has also fueled steep rises in the value of the cryptocurrencies that are linked to the virtual world, from
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained