Airbnb is worth more than the 3 largest hotel chains combined after its stock popped 143% on its first day of trading
Airbnbwas worth more than the three largest hotel chains globally after its trading debut on Thursday.
- Airbnb's share price closed at $144.71, giving it a valuation of $86.5 billion — Marriott, Hilton, and Intercontinental were worth $84.1 billion combined when the
- After a long awaited and uncertain road to its IPO, Airbnb's stock on Thursday traded as high as 143% of its initial asking price of $68 per share.
- But some strategists warned the massive debut rallies of Airbnb and DoorDash this week suggest the IPO market is approaching dot-com era levels of "euphoria and greed."
Airbnb's stock soared on Thursday in its highly anticipated public market debut, closing at $144.71 per share, more than double its initial offering of $68 per share.
That price also gives the
But after announcing a surprise $219.3 million Q3 profit when it publicly revealed its IPO filing earlier this month and initially hoping to raise $3.5 billion, Airbnb's stock traded as high as $165, roughly 143% of its initial asking price of $68.Read more: Airbnb has navigated the pandemic better than its rivals - but the company's uncertain future depends heavily on forces beyond its control
Airbnb's successful opening day comes amid a broader tech IPO frenzy this year despite massive economic fallout from the pandemic. On Wednesday,
"It's silly season," Rich Steinberg, chief market strategist at The Colony Group, told Winck. "Investors need to distinguish the difference between a great company and a great price or value."
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry