Airtel rights issue worth ₹21,000 crore opens next month – record date, price, ratio and everything else you need to know
Airtel rights issueopens next month, allowing eligible shareholders to subscribe to Airtelshares at a discounted price.
- The Airtel board had approved fundraising of ₹21,000 crore last month via a rights issue.
- The company’s promoter group will fully subscribe to the rights issue. It has a shareholding of 55.8% in the company.
AdvertisementThe Airtel rights issue worth ₹21,000 crore is opening next month, the telco revealed in its exchange filing. The company had announced last month that it intends to raise funds, and we now have the details of exactly how this will be done.
The Airtel rights issue comes at a crucial juncture for the company, with 5G spectrum auctions looming. While the government has allowed companies to opt for a 4-year AGR moratorium, telcos will still have to shell out funds for buying 5G spectrum expected to take place sometime early next year.
Here are the details of Airtel’s rights issue
Airtel has set the record date as September 28 for its rights issue. This means that every shareholder who is registered as the owner of Airtel shares on this day will be eligible to participate in the rights issue next month.
The rights issue opens on October 5 and will go on till October 21.
For every 14 shares held in the company, shareholders will be able to subscribe to 1 additional share at a price of ₹535. This is a discount of over 26% over the current share price of ₹728, as of 9:45 a.m., on September 23.
According to Airtel’s exchange filing, the company will call on 25% of the issue price after finalising the rights issue, and the remaining 75% will be called upon over the next 36 months.
Additionally, Airtel has also underlined that the promoter group will fully subscribe to the rights issue. This means that 55.8% of the rights issue will be subscribed to by the promoters.
The remaining 44.2% will be available for the public shareholders.
Vodafone Idea and Airtel need tariff hikes, AGR moratorium might not be enough, say analysts
Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Jio welcome telecom relief package, but analysts are divided on whether it is enough
Airtel challenges telecom department's demand of ₹1,400 crore
Popular on BI
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Low H-1B visa limit affecting employers: National Foundation for American Policy
- Rupee gains 12 paise to 82.08 against US dollar
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 2 pm, Rajya Sabha till 2:30 pm over Adani issue
- Amul milk price increased – here’s how much Amul and others are selling milk for
- Electric two wheeler sales volume in India expected to reach 22 million by 2030, says Redseer report