AMC is offering NFTs to investors who own the stock following the success of its Spider-Man giveaway
- Movie-theater chain
AMCis offering an NFTfree-of-charge to its shareholders.
- The NFT is a picture of a gold medallion that reads "I own AMC."
AMC is offering
The Leawood, Kansas-based movie-theater company said current members of its investor rewards program, called Investor Connect, and those who join by purchasing a stock by the end of the year will receive a free non-fungible.
"As AMC Investor Connect is a program designed solely for self-identified AMC shareholders, the image contained in this NFT is that of a moving and glimmering gold embossed medallion which proudly proclaims, 'I Own AMC,'" the Monday press release said.
AMC got into the NFT space at the end of November when it offered 86,000 digital tokens to the first buyers of tickets to the Spider-Man movie premiere. The offering helped generate the movie chain's second best one-day sales for the premiere, according to AMC Chief Executive Officer
In a Monday tweet, Aron wrote, "Given AMC's Spider-Man NFT success, our first ever NFT, I am thrilled to announce our second ever NFT!" He dubbed it a "handsome" token and said the chain would give just one per member.
This isn't the first time AMC has picked up on a trending moment. The company is already a
Now, it's NFTs, digital pieces of art tied to the blockchain that have boomed in demand this year. Total NFT sales are expected to hit reach $17.7 billion this year, according to research from Coin Telegraph. Some of the hype over the digital tokens has stemmed from metaverse enthusiasts who believe NFTs are the key to unlocking the next iteration of the internet.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Ad spending in India to reach $17 bn in FY24, consumption to rebound: Redseer
- Sebi bans 12 entities from securities mkt for manipulative trades in V Marc India
- Harnessing the natural power of dry fruits to enhance memory
- Netflix announces series on 1999 Kandahar hijack, Anubhav Sinha to direct show
- 10 Essential activities to do in Odisha for a memorable experience