'Big Short' investor Michael Burry is back on Twitter - and warning of the biggest market bubble in history
Michael Burrysaid marketswere in a bubble of unprecedented scale.
- The "Big Short" investor tweeted his dire warning after a 10-week break from Twitter.
- Burry has flagged reckless
speculationon Tesla stock, bitcoin, and other assets.
Michael Burry on Tuesday warned of the biggest market bubble in history, suggesting that his concerns about rampant speculation only grew during his 10-week hiatus from Twitter.
"People always ask me what is going on in the markets," the investor tweeted. "It is simple. Greatest Speculative Bubble of All Time in All Things. By two orders of magnitude. #FlyingPigs360."
The hashtag was likely a reference to a famous saying in investing: "Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered." Burry has repeatedly told investors that they're being too greedy, speculating wildly, shouldering too much risk, and chasing unrealistic returns.
Burry is best known for his billion-dollar bet against the US housing bubble in the mid-2000s, which was immortalized in the book and the movie "
The investor, who has complained many times about his warnings being ignored, has "Cassandra" as his display name on Twitter, a reference to the priestess from Greek mythology who was cursed by the gods to share true prophecies but never to be believed.
Burry's latest tweet echoed his other cautions. For example, he's compared the hype around bitcoin, electric vehicles, and meme
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- Putin's leadership is unraveling as he takes regular breaks for medical treatment and is constantly surrounded by doctors, says British ex-spy
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani