Cathie Wood's Ark Invest expects Tesla to soar to $3,000 per share by 2025 on robotaxi service
Cathie Wood's Ark Investnow expects Teslato soar 359% to $3,000 per share by 2025.
- Much of the upside for Tesla is predicated on its ability to launch an autonomous robotaxi service, according to Ark.
- In a bear and bull case scenario, Ark expects Tesla to trade in between $1,400 and $4,000 per share, respectively.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Cathie Wood's Ark Invest is out with a new eye-popping price target for Tesla, and investors are taking notice due to the accuracy of its previous price predictions on the electric vehicle manufacturer.
Ark now expects Tesla to hit $3,000 per share by 2025, representing a potential upside of 359% from Friday's close and a market valuation of about $3 trillion. That's a sizable increase from its previous 2024 price target of $1,400.
The price target incorporates expectations that Tesla will launch an autonomous robotaxi service built upon its full self-driving tech platform, which could bring in as much as $327 billion in revenue, according to Ark.
"In preparation for its robotaxi service, Tesla could launch a human-driven ride-hail network first, delivering a highly profitable recurring revenue stream and limiting the downside of a failed autonomous service," Ark explained.
In its bear case, Ark expects Tesla to trade to $1,500 per share as it sells 5 million cars per year. In its bull case, Ark expects Tesla to trade to $4,000 per share as it sells upwards of 10 million cars per year. In 2020, Tesla sold about 500,000 vehicles.
The valuation model utilized by Ark incorporates Tesla's relatively new insurance business, but doesn't include its energy storage and solar business, nor its $1.5 billion allocation to bitcoin.
Tesla remains the largest holding for Ark Invest across all of its ETF strategies, and this isn't the first time the investment management firm had a sky-high price target for Tesla.
In 2018, Wood said Tesla would hit $4,000 when the stock was trading at a split-adjusted price of about $250. The stock went on to trade at a split-adjusted price of $4,500 in early 2021, two years ahead of schedule.
- Xiaomi launches HyperOS in India – eligible devices, rollout schedule and more
- Yash Raj Films launches casting app for acting aspirants
- Tata Motors sales rise 8 pc in February at 86,406 units
- BSE, NSE to conduct special trading session on Saturday to test preparedness for disruption
- SBI report deciphers India's GDP surge and economic projections