Citron Research says it will stop publishing short-seller research after the GameStop squeeze
Andrew Leftof Citron Researchis discontinuing short-seller research after the GameStopsqueeze.
- In a tweet on Friday, Left said, "After 20 years of publishing Citron will no longer publish 'short reports".
- Instead, Left will focus his efforts on long-only investment opportunities for individual investors.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Famed short-seller Andrew Left of Citron Research is throwing in the towel when it comes to publishing short-seller research, according to a tweet on Friday.
The move comes after an epic short-squeeze in GameStop fueled by traders who frequent Reddit's WallStreetBets propelled shares higher by more than 2,000% this year.
Left had been bearish on the video-game retailer prior to the epic surge, calling for the stock to fall 50% when it was
Ultimately, Left closed out his short position in the stock and alleged that an "angry mob" of GameStop investors harassed him and targeted his family.
"After 20 years of publishing Citron will no longer publish 'short reports'." Left tweeted.
Instead, Left will solely focus on publishing long-only research on individual
In a video posted to YouTube, Left expanded upon his decision to solely focus on long reports going forward.
"After 20 years, we noticed something. Where we started Citron was supposed to be against the establishment. We've actually become the establishment," Left said, adding that "its completely now lost its focus."
Left said Citron will publish a long report this Monday.
Read more: MORGAN STANLEY: Buy these 17 stocks with strong earnings that are expected to outperform into 2022 even if the broader market sinks
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling