Digital World Acquisition stock surges another 285% as Trump SPAC rally continues for a second day
- Digital World Acquisition stock surged as much as 285% on Friday.
SPAC's shares closed 357% higher on Thursday after it struck a deal to acquire Trump's media startup. Its two-day increase came out to more than 1,000% at Friday intraday highs.
Digital World Acquisition shares jumped as much as 285% on Friday, as investors piled into the special-purpose acquisition company set to take former US President
The SPAC's two-day gain at Friday highs came out to more than 1,000%.
Trump has pitched his startup as a "rival to the liberal media consortium" and an effort to fight back against Big Tech, which he accuses of "silencing opposing voices."
TMTG intends to launch a social-media platform named Truth Social in the next few months, and later roll out an on-demand video-streaming service featuring "non-woke" news, entertainment, and other programming.
The vision for the company is to disrupt some of the most valuable and influential companies in the world, including Apple, Amazon, Walt Disney, Netflix, Alphabet, Microsoft, and Facebook. Part of its mission is "galvanizing a conservative media universe," according to a "company overview" on its website that doesn't include any details of its operations or executives.
Trump was banned or suspended from nearly every major social-media site, including Facebook, Twitter, and Alphabet's YouTube, after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol. His new venture may be an effort to reenter the spotlight and secure a louder megaphone ahead of another run at the White House.
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams