Divgi TorqTransfer Systems debuts at a slight premium, below grey market expectations
- Divgi TorqTransfer Systems’ market capitalisation stands at ₹1,834 crore.
- The listing gains were below expectations as the grey market indicated a premium of 8%
- The issue received good demand from qualified institutional investors and retail investors.
AdvertisementAutomotive component manufacturer Divgi TorqTransfer Systems listed at a premium of 1.69% on the stock exchanges. It debuted at ₹600 as against the issue price of ₹590 per share.
Divgi TorqTransfer Systems is the third stock to be listed on exchanges in 2023. The market capitalisation of the company stands at ₹1,834 crore.
Benchmark index Sensex was higher by 125 points or 0.21% at 58,366 in the early morning trade on Tuesday, after a massive selloff on Monday.
The listing gains were below expectations as the grey market indicated a premium of 8% to the IPO price. GMP is the premium at which IPO shares are traded in an unofficial market before they are listed on the stock exchanges.
The issue received good demand from qualified institutional investors and retail investors who subscribed the IPO by 7.83 times and 4.31 times respectively.
|IPOs in 2023||Issue price||Listing day gain||Current market price|
|Radiant Cash Management||₹94||₹10.70||₹95.15|
Divgi TorqTransfer Systems raised ₹412 crore at the upper end of the price band. The offer had a fresh issue of ₹180 crore, along with an offer for sale (OFS) of up to 39.34 lakh equity shares sold by promoters and shareholders.
Further, the company intends to use funds from the fresh issue towards the purchase of equipment/machinery at its manufacturing facilities, and general corporate purposes.
The company designs, develops, manufactures and supplies software-embedded electronically controlled transfer cases and torque couplers for customers like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra and others.
It has three manufacturing and assembly plants at Sirsi in Karnataka; and at Shivare and Bhosari near Pune in Maharashtra. A new facility at Shirwal, Maharashtra is expected to be fully operational by FY24.
Divgi TorqTransfer Systems raised ₹185.45 crore from 12 anchor investors by allotting 31.43 lakh equity shares, ahead of its IPO.
The company’s overseas sales are primarily dependent on two countries – China and Russia, which exposes it to risks of concentration. Both countries together contribute to over 77% of its overall export revenue.
|Year||Revenue from operations||Net profit||EBITDA margin|
|FY22||₹242 crore||₹46 crore||28.07%|
|FY21||₹195 crore||₹38 crore||27.82%|
|FY20||₹171 crore||₹28 crore||23.22%|
SEE ALSO: PVR-INOX, now fifth largest listed multiplex chain globally, awaits good movies
The ‘Godot’ recession could be pushed back further, SVB crisis could force US Fed to pause rate hikes
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year