Gland Pharma’s grey market premium rises ahead of listing today
- The shares of the recently concluded Gland Pharma IPO will hit the bourses today. This will be the 13th company to list this year.
- The issue received bids for 62 million shares against the offer size of 30 million shares and was oversubscribed by 2.05 times.
- The shares are now hovering at a premium of around ₹105-110 in the grey market— which is an upside of 7% over the issue price band.
AdvertisementThe shares of the recently concluded Gland Pharma IPO are soaring in the grey market ahead of its listing today. This will be the 13th company to list this year.
There wasn’t a great demand in the market for Gland Pharma shares— compared to its other IPO peers like Mazagon Dock and Chemcon Chemicals. The IPO saw a tepid response from investors during its ₹6,480 crore IPO.
The issue received bids for 62 million shares against the offer size of 30 million shares and was oversubscribed by 2.05 times.
|Gland Pharma IPO||Qualified Institutional Buyer||Non-institutional Investor||Retail Individual Investor||Total|
|No. of times issue subscribed||6.40 times||0.51 times||0.24 times||2.06 times|
The shares are now hovering at a premium of around ₹105-110 in the grey market— which is an upside of 7% over the issue price band.
The grey market premium is the measure of the extra amount that the market is ready to pay for a newly listed company’s shares. However, it is not an official measure of the market premium. But it is a fair indicator of demand for the shares in the market.
Gland Pharma’s IPO clocked in a subdued response due to multiple factors, from Chinese promoter Fosun Pharma to fierce competition in the industry. This was the second public issue after SBI Cards and Payment Services, which raised about ₹10,355 crore.
SEE ALSO: Wipro CEO Delaporte’s new plan could give the Indian IT services giant the edge it needs to catch up to its peers, according to analysts
Lakshmi Vilas Bank customers have withdrawn ₹10 crore since RBI's moratorium was announced last night
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol