Ruchi Soya FPO – All you need to know about FPOs and how to apply
- Shares of Ruchi Soya Industries have skyrocketed 36% in the last two trading days after the company announced a follow-on public offer.
- A follow-on public offer is a way of issuing funds for a stock exchange-listed company from its existing shareholders and investors.
- Here is a simple read on what
FPOis and how to apply for it.
AdvertisementRuchi Soya Industries, a part of the Patanjali Group, has announced on March 11, to raise ₹4,300 crore through follow-on public offer. The stock has skyrocketed 36% since then in the last two trading days.
The company is one of the leading fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) brands in the Indian edible oil sector and also one of the largest manufacturers of soya foods.
What is a follow-on public offer?
Follow-on public offer is a way of issuing funds for a stock exchange-listed company from its existing shareholders and investors. As the name suggests it follows up onto the initial public offering (IPO), where the company issues its shares to its public for the first time.
FPO is usually done when the listed company needs funds to grow their business or reduce debts.
According to the regulator, the minimum requirement for a public shareholding in a listed company should be 25%. Currently, Patanjali owns 98.9% in Ruchi Soya while public shareholders own 1.1%. Post the FPO, Patanjali's shareholding in the edible oil manufacturer will reduce to 81% while public shareholding will increase to 19%.
Hence, the FPO will support Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali to meet the regulatory norms and cut down its shareholding.
The process of issuing the FPO is similar to IPO as the company has to submit a red herring prospectus (RHP) to SEBI for its approval.
The issue will open on March 24 and will be available for bidding till March 28, 2022.
Ruchi Soya plans to utilise net proceeds from the FPO for repayment of certain borrowings, incremental working capital requirements, and general corporate purposes.
The company is yet to announce the issue price of the FPO.
Steps to apply in Ruchi Soya FPO through Zerodha
- Visit the Zerodha website and login to Console.
- Go to Portfolio and click the IPOs link.
- Go to the 'Ruchi Soya FPO' row and click the 'Bid' button.
- Enter your UPI ID, Quantity, and Price.
- ‘Submit’ IPO application form.
- Visit the UPI App (net banking or BHIM) to approve the mandate.
Step 1: Log in to the Upstox application or website with your credentials.
Step 2: Select the FPO that you want to invest in and create an FPO application.
Step 3: Add up to 3 bids within the price range.
Step 4: Confirm your application.
Step 5: Accept the UPI mandate and block funds on your mobile UPI app.
SEE ALSO: Paytm says that restrictions on Payments Bank won’t hamper its business
GAIL is hiring engineers with a maximum pay scale of ₹1,80,000 per month, deadline tomorrow
Popular on BI
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams