'I'm not selling': Michael Saylor doubles down on bitcoin as the cryptocurrency falls as low as $30,000
Bitcoinevangelist Michael Sayloris doubling down on the cryptocurrency despite its recent plunge.
- Saylor tweeted, "I'm not selling" to his more than 900,000 followers on Wednesday amid bitcoin's fall.
- Bitcoin fell as low as $30,000 per coin on the day, while ethereum dropped to under $2,500.
Noted crypto evangelist Michael Saylor doubled down on bitcoin on Wednesday amid a collapse in the cryptocurrency market.
Bitcoin fell as low as $30,000 per coin on Wednesday and cryptocurrencies as a whole lost nearly 20% of their total market cap in a single day, according to data from CoinMarketCap.com.
Saylor, the co-founder of MicroStrategy, tweeted to his more than 900,000 followers the simple phrase "I'm not selling" amid the drop. The post quickly received more than 30,000 likes.
Saylor has long been a proponent of the crypto space and even held a virtual conference called Bitcoin for Corporations in February to spur institutional investment.
The company currently holds some 92,079 bitcoins acquired for roughly $2.251 billion at an average price of approximately 24,450 per bitcoin, according to Saylor.
MicroStrategy's most recent purchase came a day before bitcoin's historic drop. The company acquired an additional $10 million worth of bitcoin at an average price of $43,663 per coin, according to a Tweet from Saylor.
Saylor's biggest rivals used bitcoin's fall to take aim at the crypto evangelist.
Schiff told his nearly 500,000 Twitter follows that Saylor's "obsession with Bitcoin will not only be his death but it will kill everyone onboard MSTR."
"Shareholders must choose between mutiny or jumping ship," Schiff added.
Read more: 'Wolf of All Streets' crypto trader Scott Melker breaks down his strategy for making money using 'HODLing' and 100X trade opportunities - and shares 5 under-the-radar tokens he thinks could explode
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%