'I'm not selling': Michael Saylor doubles down on bitcoin as the cryptocurrency falls as low as $30,000
Bitcoinevangelist Michael Sayloris doubling down on the cryptocurrency despite its recent plunge.
- Saylor tweeted, "I'm not selling" to his more than 900,000 followers on Wednesday amid bitcoin's fall.
- Bitcoin fell as low as $30,000 per coin on the day, while ethereum dropped to under $2,500.
Noted crypto evangelist Michael Saylor doubled down on bitcoin on Wednesday amid a collapse in the cryptocurrency market.
Bitcoin fell as low as $30,000 per coin on Wednesday and cryptocurrencies as a whole lost nearly 20% of their total market cap in a single day, according to data from CoinMarketCap.com.
Saylor, the co-founder of MicroStrategy, tweeted to his more than 900,000 followers the simple phrase "I'm not selling" amid the drop. The post quickly received more than 30,000 likes.
Saylor has long been a proponent of the crypto space and even held a virtual conference called Bitcoin for Corporations in February to spur institutional investment.
MicroStrategy, an enterprise analytics and software firm, has become one of the largest institutional holders of bitcoin over the past year as well.
The company currently holds some 92,079 bitcoins acquired for roughly $2.251 billion at an average price of approximately 24,450 per bitcoin, according to Saylor.
MicroStrategy's most recent purchase came a day before bitcoin's historic drop. The company acquired an additional $10 million worth of bitcoin at an average price of $43,663 per coin, according to a Tweet from Saylor.
Saylor's biggest rivals used bitcoin's fall to take aim at the crypto evangelist.
Schiff told his nearly 500,000 Twitter follows that Saylor's "obsession with Bitcoin will not only be his death but it will kill everyone onboard MSTR."
"Shareholders must choose between mutiny or jumping ship," Schiff added.
Read more: 'Wolf of All Streets' crypto trader Scott Melker breaks down his strategy for making money using 'HODLing' and 100X trade opportunities - and shares 5 under-the-radar tokens he thinks could explode
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report