India’s fifth-largest paint maker Indigo Paints IPO lists at 75% premium over the issue price
- Sequoia Capital-backed
Indigo Paintslisted at ₹2607, which is at a 75% premium to the set price band at ₹1,488-1,490 per share.
- The company’s market value expanded to ₹12,188 crore after the listing.
- The ₹1,000 crore share sale concluded with the subscription of a little over 117 times the offer value on January 22.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIt was a blockbuster debut for the ₹1,000 crore initial public offering (IPO) of Sequoia Capital-backed Indigo Paints on the bourses today. The stock listed at ₹2607, which is at a 75% premium to the set price band at ₹1,488-1,490 per share.
Within minutes after listing, the shares of Indigo Paints lost nearly 3% of their value and were trading at ₹2521 apiece at 10:05 am in an otherwise robust market.
The company’s market value expanded to ₹12,188 crore after the listing.
The bumper listing was already on the cards!
And, despite the grey market premium fizzling out a bit, the shares commanded a premium of ₹850-900 today. The grey market premium plunged nearly 10% last week after Birla Group-owned Grasim announced its foray into the paint business. The entry of a top billionaire like Birla was not a risk investors had factored in at the time of subscription.
The IPO was attractively priced, and nearly all brokerages firms had given it a ‘subscribe’ rating as the Pune-based paint maker emerged as a tight competition to much larger peers like Asian Paints and Berger Paints in recent years. Indigo Paints is a relatively small player with a 2% market share, but its profit has grown significantly, nearly four times in the last three years.
SEE ALSO: Markets on fire post Union Budget 2021: Sensex zooms over 2,200 points, Nifty reclaims 14,000 mark
Union Budget 2021 highlights: Pensioners over 75 years need not file IT returns, says FM
Popular on BI
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes