Indigo stock gains as a plea to shut down SpiceJet has been admitted
- Madras High Court has reportedly allowed the winding down petition filed by
Credit SuisseAG against the airline for a default of $20 million.
- Due to this, shares of its competitor Interglobe Aviation (
Indigo) surged nearly 4% on Tuesday. SpiceJet’s stock was down 0.2% at ₹68.70.
AdvertisementDebt-laden SpiceJet’s woes are not over yet as the Madras High Court has reportedly allowed the winding petition filed by Credit Suisse AG against the airline for a default of $20 million.
Further, the court has asked the official liquidator (Credit Suisse) to take over the assets of SpiceJet on the grounds of inability to repay debts by the airline.
Apparently, Credit Suisse had approached the court to receive the payment on behalf of Switzerland-based
Following this, shares of its competitor Interglobe Aviation (Indigo) surged nearly 4% on December 7.
SEE ALSO: Zoho is selling its video calling app in as many ways as possible
Omicron in India — Maharashtra and Rajasthan have recorded 19 positive cases so far
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips